24 Hour Live Burn Instructor Course
The purpose of the course is to provide a process for educating students/instructors on the proper techniques and requirements for conducting live fire training evolutions. To ensure that they are conducted in safe facilities and that the exposure to health and safety hazards for the firefighters receiving the training is minimized.
This course is designed for the fire instructor who will be instructing other fire instructors on the proper methods and requirements for conducting and participating in live fire training. This course meets the requirements set by the Dept. of Public Safety, Division of EMS in rule 4765-21-03 (C) of the Ohio Administrative Code.
Class Dates: Saturday, April 29, 2017
Saturday, May 6, 2017
Saturday, May 13, 2017
Time: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Location: Howland Fire Department, 169 Niles-Cortland Rd. NE Warren
Cost: $150.00 per student (Non-HTC Instructors)
- Student shall hold a valid fire instructor certificate that is in good standing, issued under rule 4765-21-03 of the Administrative Code.
- Student shall have an agency sponsor and shall provide a letter signed by their Chief and/or Training Officer approving their participation in the course.
- Student shall have successfully completed IS 700, IS/ICS 100, and ICS 200.
Students must provide the following information with the registration form:
- Copy of Instructor card
- Letter signed by Chief approving participation in the course.
- Copy of NIMS 100, 700 and 200 certifications
If you have any questions, please call Natalie Gifford at 330-856-5022, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM.
You must fill out a Registration Form and return to the
Howland Training Center.
Class size: 15 Minimum - 25 Maximum
Deadline: Friday, April 21, 2017